Search This Blog

Monday, August 13, 2012

Increment Date Parameter Doesn't Re-evaluate the Date Value Issue

I have had this issue recently where I had put default type for the concurrent program parameter as SQL statment and put a value. I expected this to be re-evaluated everytime the concurrent program will be executed. But I found it takes the first value I had put for the program. It doesn't increment the parameter value eventhough I had checked the Increment Date Value. I found the metalink note 339849.1(Unexpected Behavior Using Increment Date Parameter Each Run) that explains how this situation can be handled.
The metalink explanation is

If the concurrent program or request set is scheduled to run Periodically or On Specific Days there is the option to Increment Date parameters each run which will re-evaluate the value of each parameters of the following default type :
  • Constant Date
  • Constant Time
The functionality does NOT work for the other default types :
  • Constant
  • Profile
  • SQL Statement
  • Segment
For these last default types the value obtained during the initial run of the concurrent program will be used for each subsequent scheduled request.

The workaround can be create a wrapper for the concurrent program and produce the value dynamically and use it as a parameter to submit the concurrent program in the code.

No comments:

Post a Comment